Sunday, January 2, 2011

Geneabloggers 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History - Week 1 New Year's Traditions

Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog has yet another successful series on her hands: 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History. 


Week 1: New Year’s. Did your family have any New Year’s traditions? How was the New Year celebrated during your childhood? Have you kept these traditions in the present day?


My sister was born on New Year's Day as was my Grandmother, so I guess you could say that Birthday Parties were our family tradition.  I still wish my sister a Happy Birthday on New Year's but distance precludes the party.


In my own family, we usually had finger foods and chips and dips during the Bowl Games.  It was usually a low key day without any real structure.


My daughter's family has a tradition of doing chocolate fondue for dessert on New Year's Night.  according to the kids, it is not subject to change!

2 comments:

  1. I miss the "old days" of bowl games. Your family's tradition sounds a lot like mine.

    Thank you for participating in the 52-week series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you from the Midwest too? Thanks for the fun topics!

    ReplyDelete